This is where you can store configuration files for software repositories. You may also include all sources in a single file at /etc/apt/sources.list.
Administrative commands such as
synaptic, etc., use these files to find packages to download from
the network or offline media such as a CD or a DVD.
The stable release comes with various updates:
- security updates are strongly recommended as they provide fixes to identified vulnerabilities. Security updates automatically enter the stable release as they appear. You should activate this repository if your system can connect to the Internet.
# /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-stable-security.list deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged <release codename>-security main deb-src http://deb.devuan.org/merged <release codename>-security main
- updates integrate urgent changes from upstream for packages
that are likely to interest users, such as virus or malware
scanner database increments. Packages in
updateswill be part of the next stable point release, but are safe to upgrade right away. If you’re using an antivirus and other similar packages that require up-to-date information, you should activate this repository.
# /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-stable-updates.list deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-updates main deb-src http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-updates main
- proposed are packages that will become part of the next stable point release but are not fully tested yet. It is usually safe to use them, but we recommend not using them on production systems.
# /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-stable-proposed.list deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/devuan jessie-proposed main deb-src http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/devuan jessie-proposed main
- backports provide newer versions of packages already in the testing suite, but linked to stable dependencies. This is useful if you prefer using newer software versions over well-tested stable versions.
# /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-stable-backports.list deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-backports main deb-src http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-backports main
- devuan-ascii.list for the next stable suite.
# /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-ascii.list deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged ascii main deb-src http://deb.devuan.org/merged ascii main
- devuan-ceres.list for the unstable suite.
# /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-ceres.list deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged ceres main deb-src http://deb.devuan.org/merged ceres main