VUA Lead of the development in Devuan
Development of Devuan started in November 2014, promoted by a large group of senior anonymous IT professionals that is known by the name of Veteran UNIX Admins, hence the VUA in the name.
VUAs got involved in different degrees in the early development phase, some are not anonymous anymore. VUAs are a sort of large senate, counting more than a thousand members, guarding that decisions made for Devuan do not deviate from its original mandate.
List of developers
In order of chronological involvement
- Franco “nextime” Lanza (VUA) :: lead developer, core infrastructure admin, maintainer
- Denis “jaromil” Roio (VUA) :: lead developer, release orchestration, SDK, QA, PR
- Jude Nelson :: vdev Linux integration, strategies to avoid systemd-udev
- Alberto Zuin (VUA) :: core infrastructure, public relations
- Daniel “Centurion” Reurich :: core developer, core infrastructure, maintainer
- Dima Krasner :: desktop strategies to avoid systemd
- Hellekin O’Wolf :: art direction, webmaster, editor, quality assurance
- Golinux :: art direction, webmistress, editor, quality assurance
- Godefridus Daalmans :: maintainer of the live build scripts
- Parazyd :: developer of the ARM SDK embedded image build scripts
- Linux O’Beardly :: build and mirroring infrastructure, devops
Board of trustees
- Yvette Agostini (VUA) :: founder of the Veteran Unix Admins group
- Roger Leigh (Debian) :: maintainer of sysvinit package in Debian
- Gabriele “Asbesto” Zaverio (MusIF) :: director, “Museo dell’Informatica Funzionante” computer museum
- Emiliano Russo (MIAI) :: director, “Museo Interattivo di Archeologia Informatica” computer museum
- Stefania Calcagno (ESOCOP) :: president, European Society for Computer Preservation
Donors and enthusiasts
We would like to thank everyone who has cheered up and donated us money to facilitate the birth and growth of Devuan. We don’t know yet which donors would like to be public, so please contact us if you would like to be listed here.
From the first DNG community campfire we would like to thank all participants for their observations, criticism and peace keeping, in particular the most prolific: Steve Litt, Edward Bartolo, Rainer Weikusat, Hendrik Boom, aitor_czr, Didier Kryn, Katolaz, T.J. Duchene, Isaac Dunham, Anto, Go Linux, Mitt Green, tilt!, Jamse Powell, Adam Borowski, Simon Hobson, dev1fanboy, fsmithred, Martijn Dekkers, Gravis, Nate Bargmann, Noel Torres, Laurent Bercot, karl, Nuno Magalhães, Svante Signell, Joel Roth, Florian Zieboll, shraptor, Miles Fidelman, Emiliano Marini, Clarke Sideroad, Gregory Nowak, Reanud Olgiati, Arnt Karlsen, Robert Storey, Enrico Weigelt, Boruch Baum, Joerg Reisenweber, Dave Turner, Arnt Gulbrandsen, Ста Деюс, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp, Richard, Jonathan Wilkes, David Hare, Dragan, Peter Olson, David Harrison, Irrwahn, Jack L. Frost, Ozi Traveller, Riccardo Boninsegna, Neo Futur, Haines Brown, Simon Wise, Matteo Panella, Marlon Nunes, Jaret Cantu, John Hughes, Aldemir Akpinar, Rob Owens, Martinx and Vlad.