VUAs lead Devuan development
In November 2014, a large group of anonymous senior IT professionals known as the Veteran UNIX Admins (hence the VUA in Devuan) began developing Devuan.
A core group of three lead developers guided the project until October 2017.
- Franco “Nextime” Lanza (VUA) :: GPG key
- Denis “Jaromil” Roio (VUA) :: GPG key
- Daniel “Centurion” Reurich :: GPG key
In order to accelerate development for a growing community, a decision to expand the lead team (now known as the Caretakers ) from three to five evolved over several weeks of open discussion in October 2017. The Caretakers are responsible for maintenance of the infrastructure as well as facilitating and improving availability of Devuan to its users. A 4/5 consensus is required for major decisions.
Developers can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on irc at freenode #devuan-dev as well as using the general contact options.
- Denis “Jaromil” Roio (VUA) :: Fearless forker, swims upstream, GPG key
- Daniel “Centurion” Reurich :: infrastructure ninja. GPG key
- Enzo “Katolaz” Nicosia :: the last humble servant, GPG key
- Evilham :: monit master, next gen graybeard, GPG key
- Ralph “rrq” Rönnquist :: seasoned old school wizard, GPG key
The following developers are vital to the project and work closely with the Caretakers:
- Ivan “Parazyd” J. :: Simple Distro Kit (SDK) and ARM builds, GPG key
- Golinux :: plays with colors, shapes and words, GPG key
- Fsmithred :: desktop live and packaging, GPG key
- Lydia_K :: package quality analysis and restructuring, GPG key
- Patrick “blinkdog” Meade :: wiki editor, bot trainer, GPG key
- Svante “gnu_srs” Signell :: package contributor, GPG key
Along the way, these developers have made significant contributions to Devuan’s development:
- Franco “Nextime” Lanza (VUA) :: core infrastructure, amprolla development
- Jude Nelson :: vdev Linux integration
- Alberto Zuin (VUA) :: gitlab infrastructure, public relations
- Dima Krasner :: early desktop strategies to avoid entanglement
- Hellekin O’Wolf :: editor, webmaster and book sprinter
- Godefridus Daalmans :: early fixes of build scripts
- Linux O’Beardly :: build and mirroring infrastructure, hosting
Board of trustees
- Yvette Agostini (VUA) :: founder of the Veteran Unix Admins group
- Roger Leigh (Debian) :: maintainer of sysvinit package in Debian
- Gabriele “Asbesto” Zaverio (MusIF) :: director, “Museo dell’Informatica Funzionante” computer museum
- Emiliano Russo (MIAI) :: director, “Museo Interattivo di Archeologia Informatica” computer museum
- Stefania Calcagno (ESOCOP) :: president, European Society for Computer Preservation
Donors and enthusiasts
We would like to thank everyone who has cheered up and donated us money to facilitate the birth and growth of Devuan. We don’t know yet which donors would like to be public, so please contact us if you would like to be listed here.
And remember that you can be part of this list by contributing hardware, money or time donations.
From the first DNG community campfire we would like to thank all participants for their observations, criticism and peace keeping, in particular the most prolific: Steve Litt, Edward Bartolo, Rainer Weikusat, Hendrik Boom, aitor_czr, Didier Kryn, Katolaz, T.J. Duchene, Isaac Dunham, Anto, Go Linux, Mitt Green, tilt!, Jamse Powell, Adam Borowski, Simon Hobson, dev1fanboy, fsmithred, Martijn Dekkers, Gravis, Nate Bargmann, Noel Torres, Laurent Bercot, karl, Nuno Magalhães, Svante Signell, Joel Roth, Florian Zieboll, shraptor, Miles Fidelman, Emiliano Marini, Clarke Sideroad, Gregory Nowak, Reanud Olgiati, Arnt Karlsen, Robert Storey, Enrico Weigelt, Boruch Baum, Joerg Reisenweber, Dave Turner, Arnt Gulbrandsen, Ста Деюс, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp, Richard, Jonathan Wilkes, David Hare, Dragan, Peter Olson, David Harrison, Irrwahn, Jack L. Frost, Ozi Traveller, Riccardo Boninsegna, Neo Futur, Haines Brown, Simon Wise, Matteo Panella, Marlon Nunes, Jaret Cantu, John Hughes, Aldemir Akpinar, Rob Owens, Martinx and Vlad.