We believe a strong OS requires a strong community. A strong commnunity requires open communication channels and clear boundaries.
Our documentation platform lives at https://talk.devuan.org/. It’s
called Devuan Discourse, because we generate our discourse there,
and it runs the discourse software. We call it
talk.do for short.
We make Devuan discourse together. Because it’s nothing like most Web forums, it starts as an informal conversation, then evolves into a discussion, consolidates into wiki pages, and finally reaches the point of integration into the static Web and documentation.
You may use your Gitlab account to login to the Devuan Discourse documentation platform.
Our main topics are classified under several conferences that reflect the four essential software freedoms:
- USE covers installation, use cases, and generic usage
- STUDY covers advanced usage and customization
- SHARE covers community and distribution concerns
- HACK covers derivative work and developer issues
Additionally, the Devuan conference is dedicated to governance and OS-specific content, such as software packages.
welcome tag will get you started in no time.
Read more about Devuan Discourse.
Internet Relay Chat
IRC is a realtime text chat system that has been around for more than 20 years, and a tool of choice for free software developers.
Devuan supporters gather on the Freenode IRC network:
- #debianfork the original channel, remains a venue for mundane chat.
- #devuan superseded #debianfork as the general discussion channel for Devuan.
- Developers gather on the #devuan-dev channel, where a loquacious bot sends information about commits and builds.
- Various Devuan teams gather in their own channels:
At the time of the Debian Fork, before Devuan was named, the mailing list gathering most dissent was called DNG.
More mailinglists are active now:
Despite the difficulties and the turbulence caused by the systemd avalanche, DNG resists as a pleasant place, the old basecamp from the early times of Exodus.
See mailing lists for (un-)subscription instructions.